- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Fudge Sauce (recipe below)
- Toasted Coconut (instructions below)
- 1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 10 ounces chocolate—bittersweet, semisweet or combination
- 2 cups of (sweetened) coconut flakes
For the Fudge Sauce:
Heat the cream and corn syrup to a gentle boil and remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk well until fully melted and smooth. Let cool.
For the Toasted Coconut:
Preheat oven to 325°. Spread about 2 cups of (sweetened) coconut flakes on a cookie sheet and place on a rack set in the middle of the oven. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir frequently, paying special attention to the sides of the pan and watch closely to avoid over-browning. Toast the coconut to a golden color, about 10 minutes total time. Let cool completely.
Drizzle (or pour!) desired amount of fudge sauce into your serving glass. I like to use a margarita or martini glass.
Scoop vanilla ice cream to your desired size, forming into a ball with an ice cream scoop. Roll the ice cream in the cooled toasted coconut. Place on fudge sauce and serve.