- 1 head black garlic (this can be bought online or made at home in a rice cooker)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup pickled ramp leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces ramps
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 quarts cold water
- ½ cup salt
- Boiled potatoes (see recipe)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Black Garlic Mayo (see recipe)
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons sliced ramp stems
- 1 handful New Zealand spinach
For the Mayo: Mix all ingredients together in a food processor and process until evenly incorporated.
For the Pickled Ramps: Bring salt, sugar and liquids up to a boil. Clean ramps; remove stems and reserve; place in a container that fits them. Pour hot liquid over the ramps and let cool.
For the Boiled Potatoes: Put all ingredients into the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until just tender.
For the Assembly: After potatoes have cooled, break them apart into bite-size pieces. Dress with olive oil and grill on high heat until the edges are charred. Dress the grilled potatoes with enough Black Garlic Mayo to coat. Place in bowl. Add goat cheese, chives, sliced ramp stems; garnish with spinach.