- 6 ears fresh corn on the cob
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup purple onion, finely chopped
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Several sprigs of fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Remove the husks from the corn and boil or grill as desired.
If boiled: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook corn for about 8 minutes.
If grilled: Place corn on hot grill, turning every 2 minutes until kernels are browned and have some char—about 10 minutes total.
Remove corn from heat and let cool. Using a sharp knife, shave the kernels as close to the cob as possible. Place corn into a medium-sized serving bowl.
Add the diced pepper, purple onion, tomato and fresh parsley. Toss with the olive oil and vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.